Purchasing a pre-drawn home plan can save you thousands of dollars in architectural and design fees. However, we realize that some customers may want to have changes made to a house plan to better suit their individual needs. Living Concepts offers two simple options for modifying your plan.
- Purchase PDF files or AutoCAD files and take them to your local Architect or Designer and have them make your desired changes.
- Living Concepts can modify plans that are available in AutoCAD only. Please look for this option in the pricing pull down menu before requesting a plan modification. If we are unable to provide modification services due to our current work load, third party companies we partner with are able to provide quotes & modify PDF’s as well as AutoCAD files. When a third party company provides a quote to modify your plan, you will need to purchase either the PDF’s or AutoCAD package from us first & then you will work directly with the third party company and pay them for your modifications.
- To receive a modification quote, simply following these steps:
- Decide on the changes you wish to make to your plan.
- Complete the online Modification Request Form (below). Please be as detailed as possible for the most accurate quote.
- The quote will be sent to you within a few days for your review.
- To accept the quote, call our toll free number at 1-800-617-6105 and purchase the plan package you choose which will provide the license you need to build the home one time.
- At this time you will be charged for the plan package you have chosen and 50% of the quoted modification cost if Living Concepts is making your modifications. If a third party has provided your quote & is making your modifications, you will need to purchase the plan from us first & then work with them directly during the modification process.
- If Living Concepts is making your mods, a PDF draft of the modifications will be sent to you in approximately 8 to 10 weeks.
- We will provide up to 2 drafts, if necessary, to insure your initial changes were made before the final work is completed. Additional fees are required after the 2nd draft (cost to be based on an hourly rate of $125.00 / hour).
- Once you approve your draft, you will need to pay for the remaining 50% of the modification cost before the final changes will be made.
- The final product will be your modified set of PDF’s or AutoCAD files depending on which package was purchased & will be emailed to you.
- All modifications will be drawn to National Building Codes. Plans cannot be drawn to any particular state or county codes. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that the plan will meet all of your local building codes. You are still required to have a local Architect, Designer or Engineer review the plan to ensure compliance with your state and county building codes.
- Cost estimates are valid for 90 days.
- Modified plans remain the property of the original designer, Building Graphics, Inc., and are protected by Federal Copyright Laws.
MODIFICATION REQUEST FORM
To receive your free modification estimate please complete all fields in the following form and click on the SEND button.